My dad died 10 days after my first wedding. I was in Mexico on my honeymoon when he was taken from this world. In the nearly 10 years he's been gone, he's missed so much. He's missed the birth of ALL of his grandchildren, he wasn't here to help me through my first divorce, he wasn't here to meet the man that I call best friend and husband now, he didn't get to see me graduate with both of my bachelor's degrees or my master's degree. It seems like a lifetime ago while at the same time only being a moment ago that he was taken.
We talked. ALL the Time. I miss his voice.
This year on August 8th, my dad would have been 63 years old. So, sometimes, August sucks. But this year, I'm doing something special for him.
I'm giving away a wedding!
He was where this whole thing started and on his birthday this year, I'm going to honor the memory of the man that I adored.
I'm giving away a wedding package for the upcoming 2019 season.
I'm giving away a wedding package to a couple who has experienced loss like this - a death of a parent. A parental death that is gut-wrenching and never really gets better. A loss that shakes your world and always makes you feel like you are standing on shaky ground. I'm giving this gift to a couple in honor of him.
Here's what's included:
- 8 hours of photography coverage
- 1 photographer
- USB of fully edited high resolution images from your wedding
- Online gallery of fully edited web resolution images from your wedding
- Full printing rights to your images so that you can print and share to your heart's content :)
- Engagement session
- Online gallery of high resolution images from your engagement session
- Travel within a two-hour radius of St. Louis, MO
And here's the fine print:
- Applicants must have a parent who has passed away
- Applicants must have a date and a venue secured
- Applicants must complete the application process (below)
- Applicants cannot already be contracted for the upcoming 2019 season
- Applicants cannot have already inquired for the upcoming 2019 season
- Travel over 2 hours from St. Louis, MO is permissible, if the couple is willing to pay for this extra travel and potential lodging
If you are a vendor, who would like to participate in this giveaway, please reach out to me via email (email@example.com). I would love to include you in this special gift to a wonderful couple.
Applications will open August 8th, my dad's birthday. They will close on September 8th and the winner will be announced on September 9th!